Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 30, 2014

Coming Soon to the US(?): Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils


When it comes to drugstore makeup, other countries often get things earlier than we here in the states. This is great for those of you who live in other countries, but it requires a bit of patience on our part here in the US!

Last week I showed you the nude eyeshadow palette that L'Oreal has released in the UK (oh how I hope it comes here...soon) and today I want to let you know that those rumors of Maybelline jumbo lip pencils that we've been hearing about all year have finally come true!

Many thanks to my pal Halifax of Sparkled Beauy Blog (she does what I do, but for Canadian drugstore shoppers, by the way!) for this one. Halifax let me know that the Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencilshave landed in the UK! 


According to the blogger who posted that review, these are nice dupes for the NARS Velvet Lip Pencils, which retail for a cool $25 each.

Just like with everything else I post about from other countries, I have no idea if/when these are coming to the US. I would venture to say that we ARE going to get them, but that's just a gut feeling at this point based on the fact that jumbo lip pencils are everywhere and Maybelline has yet to release a version here in the US (actually, I think they did have jumbo lip pencils in the 80s or 90s but you know what I mean!). 

Thanks so much, Halifax, for the tip about these!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. They look gorgeous!! I hope they come to the U.S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so nic, I think I want them all. Hope they come to the US and thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! Want want want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still sad about the L'Oreal Colour Riche mono eyeshadows only available in the UK (L'Oreal Canada said we won't get them). I do hope these pencils arrive for us too, but it's hard to keep my hopes up sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lip pencils look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha you think the US has it bad? Canada often gets the short end of the stick with cosmetics. We get things much later than everyone else, lots of places won't ship to Canada so we can't get our hands on them unless we know someone in the US or want to go to evilbay, and the stuff we do get, we often don't get all of the colour options that other countries get and we often pay more (the Nars velvet lip pencils cost $31 at Sephora in Canada). I could rant on and on about the unfairness of cosmetic avalibility for Canadians ^_^ So yes, patience is a virtue but not one I have I'm afraid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooo true! I live in Montreal and often have to cross the border to get some new beauty goodies... :-(

      Delete
  7. I soo hope they do come to the US, i have read great things about these pencil on British blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look more like dupes for the Bobbi Brown lip pencils which have very similar shades and are also shave style

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so excited for these! i hope they are the twistable ones, instead of the ones where you have to sharpen them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy crap these look amazing!! i hope they come here.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig